February 16, 2008

A Cheap Tree

I met this female yesterday - at one of those huge family receptions - who was an acquaintance a few years back. I think she recognized me going by the furtive glance she threw my way. As I walked up to her and stretched my hand for a shake, she made my hand hang in the air just for that extra bit of time which makes you feel that you are not wanted here. And then!!

"You look cheap.", she said.

Still not able to grasp the meaning of those words - and also being amazed at how could she say this after we had met for the first time in a few years - I could do nothing but give her a blank stare.

She repeated, "You look cheap, you look like a tree".

Trying to retrieve the situation before it went to the point of no return, I managed to blabber out, "I-look-like-a-tree but I don't give fruit".


Thankfully, the dream ended just then and I woke up from my afternoon siesta. It was scary !!

P.S. This post is autobiographical in nature.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

nice dream...

Anonymous said...

dude...... was it really a dream? or some introspections

Mohan K.V said...

w00t!

Abhinav said...

Coat hanger would have been a better metaphor

Unknown said...

:)